Welcome to this presentation of draft proposals by Barratt David Wilson (BDW) for residential-led mixed use development off Church Road, East Wittering. We are preparing a planning application that responds to Chichester District Council’s (CDC’s) need for housing in sustainable locations.
In overview, our proposals are for:
• About 300 homes, including a range of sizes and tenures to meet identified local need.
• Up to around 2,000 sq.m of “Class E” flexible space (enabling office, community and other uses).
• New road access (from Church Road only).
• Formal and informal public open space.
• Community Sports facilities.
• New pedestrian and cycle connections.
• Substantial landscape buffer along the eastern boundary.
• Ecology enhancement area along the corridor of the existing stream.
We welcome your comments and feedback, which we will use to inform the proposals as we work towards a planning application later this year.
This presentation is intended to provide a general overview of the main principles and ideas to help initial understanding, and gauge key questions and concerns from local residents and stakeholders. Further detail of the plans will evolve over time following input received during this consultation and then the application.
Please see below the full Exhibition Document from the 8th September 2021 public exhibition.